Linnaeus University strives for an equal and sustainable future. This shows also in our conferences. Forum Wood Building Nordic is a sustainable conference where everyone can participate on the same conditions and with the best of the climate, environment and ethics in mind.
Among other things, the conference strives to:
- To as large extent as possible, avoid or minimise the use of printed matter in connection to marketing, documentation and administration.
- Use Linnaeus University’s conference app for storage and communication of important information. Since the conference programme will be available in the app, we will, for instance, only have a few printed programme folders on location. The same applies for conference material like writing pads and pens.
- Encourage participants not to hand out material at the conference, unless absolutely necessary. Instead we can offer to share your material on our website before the event or send it to the participants after the event.
- Encourage exhibitors to avoid low-quality, unsustainable goody bags or giveaways.
- Participant tags are returned after the conference.
- Offer transport with shuttle buses to and from the university’s campus, instead of individual transportation.
- Show consideration to allergic persons and, therefore, not use strong perfumes at the conference, and not bring any nuts.
- Show consideration to the environment when choosing food and drinks, and avoid plastic products like disposable cutlery and plastic bottles.
- Offer alternatives to bottled water.
- The hotels on offer in connection to the conference have been procured, and environmental requirements have been made in connection to the procurement.
At the conference dinner, alcoholic beverages will be served. You can always inform us if you would like something else to drink.